Monday, April 13, 2015

love is so much better in the a.m. speshally when u groovin' with the f.m.


















I grew up with my lil transistor radio under my pillow at night and in a shirt pocket during the day, even sneaking it into school which was against the rules. At recess periods, instead of socializing with the other kids, i would walk around alone with the radio up to my ear. i LOVED that little radio.
All of this is coming back to me while i listen to, and thoroughly enjoy, Joe Cipriano's book about his radio dj days. Alot of radio station call letters go whizzing by in the book, and some of them were favorites of mine.  Joe mentions alot of dj personalities. When he mentioned the name Pete Flanders, whoa i remembered going on some dates with Pete when he worked at a station in the Flint area. He would give me shout-outs and dedicate songs to me and that was always exciting, hearing your name on the radio like that.
So i'm highly recommending this book.  Really good production value.
Still no tour or shows or anything...2busy watching Madmen.

1 comment:

pinky said...

i LOVE MM