Sunday, August 12, 2007

special blog 4 lindsay hutton & all other friends of the musee mechanique

Musee Mecanique

Hello ppl. How's your sunday goin'? Hope it's going better than my saturday;I was nearly attacked by 2big-ass snarling, snapping dogs. Going to Walgreen's now2buy pepper spray. But anyway, back to the musee mechanique. It used 2 b located at Ocean Beach, underneath the Cliff House. I really enjoyed taking visitors there, the audio was mind-blowing. U had the sound of all the games, the "laughter" of Laffin' Sal, kids screaming, all mixed in with the sound of the mighty waves crashing below. Then the bastards moved it to Fisherman's Wharf. Well, as Lindsay himself would say "whaadya gaun do?" (Did i get that right, Chief? I dont think i captured your brilliance with the language.) I took Steve Albini, Bob "Rusty" Weston, and Todd Trainer there once, and i'm pretty sure they've reserved a special place in their hearts and ears for the ol' place. Musicians particularly loved it for the crazy sound quilt. When Laffin Sal got a quarter dropped into her (ooooh), her sound went out over the ocean and it sounded like god was laughing. So click the pic, then click slideshow because i want u 2 see the pix in large 4mat.

No tour or shows or anything, 2busy planning my lauren gersick blog. (thanx2bff rich for the dynamite pix, i lubb u.)

1 comment:

Lindsay Hutton said...

Thanks for the shout-out lassie. I think it might go "whittaya gaunae dae?" something like that but you were close. Great, great photos which remind me of better times.

Lotsa X,

L