Sunday, October 18, 2009

me and what's-their-names 4

























Hello.
Today's mens r all SanFran mens. Phillip Palermo is the handsome Sicilian in the red plaid shirt. Phillip was my gay lover in the 80s and 90s. Not really, but, u know, in our hearts we were. I knew it was serious when he gave me a wee little padlock 2 wear around my neck. Back then Phillip headed up Gibson Palermo, his own couture fashion house, and i worked there, sometimes getting paid in clothing. After work we would have dinner at Zuni. Pretty glam lifestyle. It never worked to go to Zuni without Phillip tho;sometimes R and i would go there and they would just look right thru us like we wasnt even there. But go there with P, and everybody flock to.
The cute guy in the orange tshirt is Mark Paron. He's a very good artist.
And last but certainly not least is the funny and witty Louis Tarr. Louis' taste in music was really horrible. When R and i hear that kind of music, we always say a little hi-dee-ho to Louis. P.J. O'Rourke once wrote that this type of music sounded like someone tipped over the kitchen cabinet. Yup, that's what Louis loved. That clattering bullshit would be playing and Louis would just be tappin' and dancin'. I used 2 have so much fun with him at Phillip's house, which was party central then. These guys plus all their "friends" would attend every ACC show, and the club-owners would tell me "your people drink more than any other crowd! They order 2 and 3 drinks at a time!" They were a partyin' crowd and they always looked fantastic too. In fact, that's how I met Phillip and his partner, John Gibson. They came to one of my shows and i saw P standing there and he looked so damn good. They decided they wanted 2 see me wearing their clothing onstage, and invited me to their showroom to choose some things. So i did go, and in one of the workrooms I saw Oprah Winfrey's dress form. I could not believe how huge it was. Gigantic.
Anyway, hope u arent tired of all these pix...dont come back 4 a few days if so because there r still more 2 come. (Ooooooooh.-Ed.)

No comments: