Saturday, September 07, 2013

parlor tricks























At a terrific party in Berkeley yesterday one of the guests mentioned that someone told her that Vincent Gallo was an a**hole. Marc Weinstein, also a guest at the party, defended him, saying that Vincent was a real sweetheart and passed around his phone with this picture of him with Vincent.
Marc is kind of Zelig-like because he knows so many people, also because he travels alot so he's always running into somebody he knows who is also traveling. Once, while onstage at the Splash Club in London, i looked out into the crowd and Marc was standing there with his lovely wife Valenta.  It was a great surprise.
Jason Pierce was also in the audience that night.  I was kind of nervous about that but it all went well, so well actually that after the show Jason asked if i would like to do some shows with his band which turned out in a typical and funny Jason way when later on during that same tour i saw flyers with ACC listed as support for some upcoming Spiritualized shows.  I guess he made the flyers b4 speaking to me.  Ya gotta love the Spaceman, right?  Hey look, somebody else loves him too.
Another thing that happened at the party:  I heard someone say to his girlfriend "Remember that song i played for you 'I Cried When John Cassavetes Died'?",  then pointed at me.  The girlfriend looked at me with a big big smile.

4 comments:

pinky said...

what did you wear?

Nsna Lorna said...

how cool is that !

"I heard someone say to his girlfriend "Remember that song i played for you 'I Cried When John Cassavetes Died'?", then pointed at me. The girlfriend looked at me with a big big smile."

Love ya, Sis !

angel corpus christi said...

Lucy pants/MX80 tshirt circa Ralph Records days/white lace-up vans.

sasha said...

You're cute. Nice outfit!!