Tuesday, July 30, 2013

forever-ish young




















On the recommendation of a favored NON TOUR DIARY reader, A&R finally watched YOUNG@HEART. Seeing the group rehearse I Feel Good made A&R so nervous, but the night of the performance, when it really counted, they pulled it off.
Songs like Bowie's Golden Years, the Ramones' I Wanna Be Sedated, and The Who's, oops i meant The Clash's Should I Stay or Should I Go take on a whole new meaning when sung by a group whose median age is 80+.
One of the performers'phrasing brought to mind Marianne Faithfull circa the Broken English LP. That's my favorite MF record.
Still no tour or shows or anything...2buy fearing the repo man.

3 comments:

carlos tropicana said...

good for you!
um, but the who aren't the clash. check it b4 u wreck it!

angel corpus christi said...

dear professor tropicana, thank u 4 the correction.
it was nice to see your beautiful area.
(that's what SHE said).

carlos tropicana said...

you must visit someday.